Once upon a time...


In a land far far away, there lived a king and a queen and their four beautiful children... Unfortunately they were way too boring to write about, so you're all stuck with the Dimmock's instead!

We're a bit of a fractured fairytale.I can't promise to update every day...I'm a bit slack like that (shhh), but I'll do my best to keep it up.

And they all lived happily ever after...well that's the plan at least :oP

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Halloween 2008

I'm not a great fan of my kids taking candy from strangers (call me crazy!), so years ago when they first started asking to go trick or treating, we promised them that when Halloween fell on a weekend, they could have a party. It turns out that children have very long memories! As the scariest night of the year was a Friday this year, we had to follow through on our promise...

I'm not sure who had the most fun - the kids at the actual party, or the grown ups during the planning of it. Custom designed invitations, spooky decorations, the works! I spent days organising the perfect Halloween playlist for their iPod, and even the food was scary. BBQ'd batwings, nuclear waste, witches fingers, vampire blood...even a skeleton crawling out of his chocolate cake "grave".

It remains to be seen as to whether it will become an annual event.


Grayson - the Gothic Angel. Her hair is still red 2 months later!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Gaige was almost a better Dr Who than David Tennant. His costume was voted "Most Original".
Photobucket

Photobucket

Grumpy "Diego" and Superman...
Photobucket

Mama as a witch (one complaint mother, and I'll post the original :oP), and Adam as Dumbledore.
Photobucket

It's not easy being green...Raymond as Shrek. Lisa and Teagan as a pregnant hippy and a witch.
Photobucket

Teagan and Lucas. He was the cutest baby vampire ever!
Photobucket

I think this is the first photo of me with the kids since we got married in '03. And looking at it, I know why I spend most of my time behind the camera :oP I was Ruby Gloom, complete with striped stockings and mary jane's.
Photobucket

Steff and Teagan. I don't even want to know what she's doing to him...!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous January 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

what the bloody hells my grandson doing with bows in his hair!

Nikki January 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

Hey...they're manly bows! I reckon if I can find some with beetles on them even Daddy will approve. Maybe :oP

A little about us...ok, mostly me...

Hey there! I'm guessing that most people who drop by to visit us here already know who we are, but just in case...

My name's Nikki. I'm mum to 4 (yeah, 4...can you believe it? No, me either *shudder*) kids, aged from 16 down to 4. My husband, Steff, is originally from the UK - I stole him away from the cold and the damp to live in Central Queensland, where he must endure almost endless sunshine and blue skies. Somehow he manages ;o)

I started this blog as a way to keep family in England up to date with our comings and goings. And it lets me show off how cute the kids are getting!

A little about me...I'm a professional photographer, I'm obsessive about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, love Harry Potter, Sookie Stackhouse (only book Sookie, not True Blood Sookie. It's an important distinction!), (the 10th) Doctor Who, cupcakes, and Spuffy fanfic (although not necessarily in that order). I'm also an extreme perfectionist with a love of the creative and original, who has a very low tolerance for stupidity. If you ask my husband, he'll tell you I'm a huge snob - I'm really not. I just think I'm better than everyone else :oP (That's a joke, ok? Pretty much).

Oh, and please leave a comment to tell me how fabulous you think I am...it makes me write faster and more often ;o) No really...that part wasn't a joke...

xox